Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Encouragement

I found this prayer yesterday while I was reading through one of my notebooks of things that I have saved to be reminded of. I was struck by the words and thought I would share it with you all (crazy...2 posts in a row!). I pray that you will be encouraged by the words even as I was.

My Prayer” ~ Author Unknown
Teach me, Lord, to keep sweet and gentle in all the events of life, in disappointments, in thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted, in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied.


Help me to put myself aside, to think of the happiness of others, to hide my little pains and heartaches, so that I may be the only one to suffer from them.

Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes to me. Help me to use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me, that it may make me broad in my forgiveness, kindly, sympathetic, and helpful.

No comments: