Friday, April 20, 2007

A Desire to Listen

This week has been stressful to say the least! I am quite tired today and am anticipating a relaxing day minus a dr's appointment for Ariana at 3. It is so easy in the throws of life to be busy and to not take time to listen. To some degree, that has been a problem for me this week. I can easily read what God has to say in His word and through the encouragement of other godly men and women through literature, but really listening to what He wants me to know and apply to my life...sometimes that is another story. I cannot tell you how many times I am reminded that I must stop and listen...really listen to His still small voice. I know it starts from ceasing to strive and know that He alone is God! (Ps. 46). I want to listen and to truly understand the right way what God wants me to know and to apply it to my life. So, this song is becoming a new prayer for me. It is off the new cd, by Keith and Kristyn Getty...I encourage you to check it out and be encouraged by the hymns of modern hymn writers! Until you can check it out, enjoy the lyrics to their song, "Speak, O Lord" written by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend.
Speak, O Lord, as we come to You to recieve the food, of Your Holy Word
Take Your Truth, plant it deep in us; shape and fashion us in Your likeness;
That the light of Christ might be seen today in our acts of love and our deeds of faith
Speak, O Lord nad fulfill in us all your purposes for Your Glory

Teach us Lord, full obedience, Holy reverence, true humility
Test our thoughts and our attitudes; in the radiance of Your purity.
Cause our faith to rise, cause our eyes to see Your majestic love and authority
Words of pow'r that can never fail; Let their truth prevail over unbelief.

Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds; Help us grasp the heigts of Your plans for us
Truths unchanged from the dawn of time, that will esho down through eternity.
And by grace we'll stand on Your promises; And by faith we'll walk as You walk with us.
Speak, O Lord, 'til Your church is built, and the earth is filled with Your glory.
~ taken from the lyrics on the cd, "In Christ Alone" featuring Keith and Kristyn Getty.

May we truly listen to the Lord and allow Him to work His grace in our lives.

No comments: