Friday, May 06, 2011

A Week

It has been just over a week since receiving the news of our latest pregnancy. I must admit that it is starting to sink in. Another little life to train for the glory of God. It is quite a daunting thought to add another to our mix, and yet there is starting to be some excitement when I think of another little one! Reality has set in as I have gotten some blood work done. My labs have looked great and everything is moving like it should! It makes the reality of it even greater.
I am excited to get my due date figured out. My dates are out of whack....while they said I am due around 12/26, I believe my due date is more like the 4th of January. I don't know if they will do an ultrasound to date me or what, but it looks like either way, we will be ending our 2011 year with a new baby. It's kind of amusing that our "last" baby will cause our patterns to be a little messed up! So far, all of our babies have been born on even years (2002,2004,2006,2008,2010) and this baby will be in 2011. It will be the "odd" one out...hehehe!
Last Saturday night, as I was still in panic mode regarding this pregnancy, the Lord laid on my heart the hymn "In Heavenly Love Abiding". This will be my pregnancy hymn focus for this pregnancy. Having a hymn to mediate on has been a "thing" of mine since my pregnancy with Nathan in 2005. I had already had an early birth in 2004, and had miscarried in March of 2005. I wanted a song to focus on and so I chose "Like a River Glorious". When I miscarried Nathan in September, I never realized how much that hymn would encourage me in his loss as it did while I carried him. So, I decided to meditate on hymns during my pregnancies. Ethan's hymn was "All that Thrills My Soul is Jesus", Ioan's was "All the Way my Savior Leads Me", Sophie's was "How Firm a Foundation". All these hymns have such special meanings to me. They have encouraged my heart even while I have the many anxieties of a high risk pregnancy. They help me focus on what I need to ~ the Lord and truths from His Word. So, we will see how this pregnancy goes...but my focus will be abiding in Him.

"v. 1 In Heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear,
And safe is such confiding for nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid
But God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

vs. 2 Wherever He may guide me, no want shall turn me back
My Shepherd is beside me and nothing can I lack
His wisdom ever waketh, His sight is never dim
He knows the way He taketh and I will walk with Him.

vs. 3 Green pastures are before me which yet I have not seen
Bright skies will soon be o'er me where darkest clouds have been
My hope I cannot measure, my path to life is free
My Savior has my treasure, and He will walk with me."

No comments: