Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 1 of Bed rest

The Lord has seen fit to slow me down. I am currently on bed rest at home for the remainder of this pregnancy. I was on bed rest with our first child, but have always had my other problematic pregnancies as soon as problems arose. This is certainly a challenge for me as I have 5 other children and have needed to get steroid shots (something I have never received before). The Lord has been so good to our family during this time: many offers to help, my Mom came and took the other 5 kids to stay with her in Michigan for a week, and much encouragement. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand.
Yesterday, at my appointment, my blood pressure spiked quite high and that is the greatest concern at this point. However, God's hand was certainly at work. I am re-reading the book "1000 gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I was reading a chapter while I waited for the Dr. to come and right before she walked in I read this:
"Isaiah 14:24 ~ 'Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand'(NASB). As God plans...so it stands."(p. 88)
Isn't that such a wonderful, amazing, comforting thought: All stands according to God's plan. I am so grateful to know that my baby and I are in the hands of a Sovereign, almighty God who works all things according to His plan. And this plan is one to make us more like Jesus and glorify Him! I am in awe. He is so good!
I was encouraged by a sweet friend to journal this journey. I am a terrible blogger, but maybe being stuck on bed rest will give me the time to journal and track all am I learning and the ways the Lord is teaching me. I am praying for a teachable spirit to be molded into Christ's likeness!

No comments: