Monday, February 06, 2006

Hymn Focus for my Pregnancy

A week ago, I was in Michigan and was blessed by the Special Music that morning in the church I grew up in. My cousins did an excellent rendition of "Alleluia" with "All that Thrills My Soul". As I sat listening to the beautiful music and listened to the lyrics, it was almost like the LORD was prompting me and saying, "This is what I want you to focus on during your pregnancy. I desire to thrill your soul and life...even more than this child that I am blessing you with."
So, at the Lord's stirring, I am seeking to meditate on His word and this hymn specifically during my current pregnancy.

All that Thrills my Soul by Thoro Harris

vs. 1: Who can cheer the heart like Jesus, By His presence all divine?
True and tender, pure and precious, O how blest to call Him mine!

Refrain: All that thrills my soul is Jesus, He is more than life to me;
And the fairest of ten thousand In my blessed Lord I see.

vs. 2: Love of Christ so freely given, Grace of God beyond degree,
Mercy higher than the heaven, Deeper than the deepest sea!

vs. 3: What a wonderful redemption! Never can a mortal know
How my sin, though red like crimson, Can be whiter than the snow.

vs. 4: Every need His hand supplying, Every good in Him I see;
On His strength divine relying, He is all in all to me.

vs. 5: By the crystal flowing river With the ransomed i will sing,
And forever and forever Praise and glorify the King!

Refrain: All that thrills my soul is Jesus He ismore than life to me;
And the fairest of ten thousand in my blessed Lord I see.

It is my prayer that my Lord will be my desire and the thrill of my soul. I pray that He too is the thriller of your soul as well.

No comments: