Monday, November 21, 2005

What I am Thankful For ~ Part C

Today has been a relatively restful day. We all have been recovering from sickness. My dear husband was still not feeling well yesterday. Today, he spent the entire day doing homework he was hoping to have done sooner. However, he spent all of Friday night either at work or helping me and Lillian who were very sick until 5am! Then, he cared for us all day Saturday until he got sick! Today I am going to write about the thankfulness for my Husband.
As different as we are in many ways, the Lord has truly matched us. When I was in Jr. High and High School, one of my favorite quotes was, "God gives the very best to those who leave the choice with Him." I cannot remember where I heard it or read it, but it stuck with me...and I know I got the very best!!! He loves the Lord and his family with all his heart. He is very selfless in that he always is looking for ways to encourage and help others. He sacrifices time for sleep to be with his family all while working many hours a week and taking a full college load. He loves others and we have people in our home continually. Others know he is special and I always enjoy hearing him praised.
I love the passage in Ephesians 5 that talks about the roles of husband's and wives. It talks about wives submitting to their own husbands as they are the head just as Christ is the head of the church. Then it continues on to talk about how the husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it so that it would be pure and holy and blameless when it is presented to Himself. I love that passage because it gives a clear picture of complimenting roles in the home. It is also challenging because it is a high and holy calling God has given to those of us who are married. The husband is to love his wife in the same selfless-giving of himself-act that Christ exemplified when he died on the cross. Not only that but Christ did it to present to himself a pure and holy people-without spot. In this same way, husbands are to make sure they have a pure and holy wife. That would completely scare me!!! And yet, I write all this explination to praise my husband who takes his responsibility seriously. He repremands me when I need it, lovinly comforts me when I see my failtures, and loves me with such a selfless love that I know comes only from his dependance on the Lord and His Word. We have only been married for just over 4 years and my love for him continues to grow greater as I watch the Lord work in his life.
My Beloved, know that this comes from a woman who is so grateful for the husband she has been given. We may not be perfect until we see Christ face to face, but there is no one I would rather be journying heavenward with than with you. I love you so very much.

Here we are on our wedding day. How grateful I am for our marriage!!!

No comments: