Friday, November 18, 2005

What I am Thankful For~ Part A

I have already shared this week a few of my treasures and things that I am thankful for. Crystal has encouraged us to blog about what we are thankful for and so I will attempt to do the same each day for the next week. I am surely thankful for many things, but in light of the day today I am going to write something a little different than what I might normally start with.
Today I am most thankful for my mother-in-law.

Here she is with our youngest, Lillian.

I am so grateful to the Lord for giving me such a precious mother-in-law. Seeing as I live a few hours from my own mother, and she is close by, I have appreciated all that she has done for us and for the time I have been able to spend with her (especially our tea times). She is a glowing example of what a godly woman is which has been set forth in Scripture. She loves her husband, children, and grandchildren selflessly. Even in the midst of trials of her own, she is available to listen, hug, hold and cry with you in the midst of yours. She is the crown of her husband and seeks to do him good everyday of his life. Many women would have thrown off such a burden as caring for a bed-ridden, sick husband, however, she does it with such grace and love that you see Christ at work in her. This woman homeschools, encourages others in her church and friendships while caring for her husband. She has trained her children well (I know because I am reaping the benefits of a godly mother through being married to her son.) I know she would say it is by God's grace alone. I desire to be like her in so many ways and pray that the Lord would teach me through her. I love her dearly and want to wish her a very special Birthday.

"Her children ( and daugher-in-laws) rise up and call her blessed..." Proverbs 31:28

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

2 comments:

ipodmomma said...

what a lovely blog you have... beautiful girls, very special blessings... my prayers are with you, for the ones already with Christ, and for many other blessings to come...

I too love Stepping Heavenward... a wonderful book!

have a really terrific day!

mollie

Roberta said...

What a blessing you have in your MIL, truly something to be thankful for. :)